Monday, May 9, 2011

I've been thinking alot...

I've been thinking alot about my "here and now" and my "later..."
I guess you could say my "now and later..."

Melissa and I were sitting at the kitchen table one evening. She was crocheting a hat (something she does well and often,) and I was in between tasks, waiting for Annie to finish making dinner. I sat next to Melissa and my eye caught a book that had been sitting on our kitchen table for weeks. It's pretty symbolic how long this book stayed unnoticed, right in front of my eyes. Like the book itself, the stories inside of it were accounts of women who have survived awful war and genocide: mass-killings that are both horrible, and horribly ...invisible. like ghosts.

Melissa and I cracked the book open and were immediately struck by how little we know about episodes of genocide that have happened within our time.

With travel in my foresights, I want to know about the struggles of those I may visit, and those I should be remembering in prayer and love. It is hard to know how one should...or can react to great tragedy... but Melissa and I would like to start by reading and researching the histories of groups and peoples who have gone unnoticed...

We'll let you join us as we research...

No comments:

Post a Comment